Custom Search

Friday, September 25, 2009

Are we, or are we not?

A question from a job application questionnaire with the federal government:

"Are you a member of any foreign or domestic organization, association, movement, group, or combination of persons which is totalitarian, fascist, communist, or subversive, or which has adopted, or shows a policy of advocating or approving the commission of acts of force or violence to deny other persons their rights under the Constitution of the United States, or which seeks to alter the form of Government of the U.S. by unconstitutional means?"

So wait, does the government support those philosophies, or don't they? I fear that soon, my U.S. citizenship, will force me to answer that question in the affirmative. And I wonder if I answered that question in the affirmative now, would my chances of getting a job with the federal government be greater? I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud.

I'm not saying that this country will soon be a communist state, or that being a communist makes it easier to get a job, but I'm not, not saying it either. What do you think Van Jones?

No comments:

Post a Comment